(SMP) is a cosmetic medical technique that reduces the contrast between the colour of the scalp and the color of the hair so that the scalp cannot be easily seen through the hair.
SMP is ideal for
- People looking for denser hair
- To patients who don’t have enough donor area to undergo hair transplantation
- For masking small areas of balding like the partition area in females
- For masking Previous surgical scars on head caused due to strip method of hair transplantation or any accidental scars
- Can be done for the clients who wants to resume to work immediately without any hassels of shaving their heads as in case of hair transplant
This treatment for hair loss is delivered over 2 – 3 sessions where the pigment is carefully placed into the scalp creating the look of a hair follicle that is breaking through the scalp. For those who don’t have any hair in the area this allows them to get the look of a shaved hairstyle while those who have thin hair gain the advantage of removing the contrast between hair and scalp making the hair look thicker and denser. The time for each session depends on the size of area that is to be treated, the density required and working with longer hair is usually takes long time than working with shaved or short hairstyles.
- Can be done with long hair without any shaving or trimming
- Can resume to work immediately
- Can be done in hair transplant failure cases
- Can cover larger areas
- Cost efficient